21 November 2010

Opalis 6.3 is released

I have been following on Opalis since it was bought over by Microsoft earlier this year and has been impressed by what it can do since. And with the recent release of Opalis, the version 6.3 now supports Opalis installation running on Windows Server 2008 R2 (Yes, unfortunately as at Opalis 6.22 SP1 we can only run them from Windows 2003 which some of my customers gives the evil grin smile). Another noteworthy addition is the introduction of Integration Packs to support Microsoft Sytem Center Suite of products namely:

  • System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (which supports SCCM 2007, SCCM 2007 R2 & SCCM 2007 SP2)
  • System Center Operations Manager 2007 (Support for OpsMgr 2007, OpsMgr 2007 R2 has already been there since Opalis 6.2.2 and as of installation on 6.3 I have not seen additional objects)
  • System Center Data Protection Manager
  • System Center Virtual Machine Manager
  • System Center Service Manager 2010

Those who are interested can download the 180 day trial from

http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/en/us/opalis.aspx

I have been lucky enough the be able to participate in the BETA testing of version 6.3 and honestly I feel that the new IPs are extremely interesting to explore on. Honestly, Don't expect the IPs can do wonders and and able to automate/integrate with all the functionalities of the System Center products as its still V1.0.

As I am working on Opalis for quite some time, I do have some thoughts that I hope to share … stay tuned.