I have a few HyperV images which I exported from my Server. Copied them to my notebook and starts importing them and it failed. All 3 of em' !!! My import failed with the following error
"Failed to import the virtual machine from import directory 'E:\VM\OpsMgr\'. Error: One" or more arguments are invalid(0x80070057) "
Good old friend Google came to the rescue and after a few searches, managed to find a solution from this blog entry in http://blogs.msdn.com/rextang/archive/2008/11/27/9146157.aspx (Clap clap)
The trick here is to 'tweak' the .EXP file inside the VM folder.
- Open the .exp file with notepad (the file should be in the Virtual Machine folder).
- The .exp file is actually an xml file so for those who are familiar with xml, this should be peanuts.
- Search for "Msvm_VirtualSystemGlobalSettingData" and you will be able to see the following :
- Delete the entire VALUE tag ... and save your file. (Yes from
- Import the VM again. Voi'la ! the import succeeds !