It's been a while since my last posting. Has been extremely tied up with work and community events of late. Anyways, I have something interesting to share with folks out there who has difficulties deploying their SCCM agents.
Was helping my colleague to deploy SCCM for a customer and suddenly we noticed that a couple of machines has problems when we tried to push the agents. A check on the log files showed that we have some problems with WMI repository:
- Failed to open to WMI namespace '\\.\root\ccm' (80041014) CcmExec 8/30/2007 2:25:09 PM 2148 (0x0864)
- CCMDoCertificateMaintenance failed (0x80041014). CcmExec 8/30/2007 2:25:09 PM 2148 (0x0864)
- Phase 0 initialization failed (0x80041014). CcmExec 8/30/2007 2:25:09 PM 2148 (0x0864)
- Failed to connect to CCM namespace CcmExec 8/30/2007 8:13:56 AM 2160 (0x0870)
Managed to find the solution from http://www.myitforum.com/forums/m_165955/tm.htm
What needs to be done is:
- On the client machines, shut down WMI service
- Goto C:\Windows\System32\WBEM and rename the repository to maybe "oldrepository". Basically what we do here is to rebuild the WMI repository.
- Restart WMI service and you should be able to see a new repository will be generated